ORTHOPEDICS & SPORTS MEDICINE
Orthopedics & Sports Medicine provide comprehensive care for patients experiencing pain or limitation of motion in the bones, joints, muscles, or surrounding structures including non-surgical and surgical options to treat many conditions.
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R) aims to enhance and restore functional ability and quality of life to those with physical impairments or disabilities. This service complements the Orthopedics program and provide a valuable service to those seeking Orthopedic treatment at AMNM. Noting that at AMNM, we offer 1 to 1 therapy sessions.
Diagnoses and Treatment
What do the doctors/providers commonly treat?
- Sports Medicine (Rehabilitation and Conservative Measures)
- Sports injuries of the knee (Meniscal Injury, ACL Surgery, Cartilage Repair), shoulder (Rotator Cuff, Instability Surgery), hip and ankle surgeries.
- Osteoarthritis (Injections, Medical treatment)
- Foot and Ankle pain (Bunion Surgery, Sprains)
- Hand, Wrist and Elbow (Carpal and Cubital Tunnel Syndromes, Trigger Finger, Tennis Elbow)
- Sports-related fractures: Cast and Surgical Management
- Spine Conditions: Neck and Back pathologies
In addition to that, rehabilitation services including Physical Therapy (PT) will provide follow-up treatments for patients seen within the Orthopedic Department as needed.
What surgeries & procedures do the providers commonly perform?
- Clinical examinations.
- Prescription of medications and physical therapy/home exercise programs.
- Joint arthroscopy
- Joint injections.
- Minimally invasive surgery.
- Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL).
- Bone fracture repair.
- General repairs on damaged muscles or tendons.
- Corrective surgery.
- Nerve Decompressions: Carpal Tunnel, Cubital Tunnel Releases.
- Trigger Finger Releases.
- Repair of Patellar and Quadriceps Tendon Ruptures.
- Rotator cuff repairs.
- Shoulder arthritis and impingement.
- Tendon repairs at the Knee, ankle, and shoulder.
- Knee ligament and meniscal cartilage repairs and reconstructions.
- Non-operative musculoskeletal care.
- Education and supervision of home exercise programs if necessary.
- Evaluation and management of back and neck injuries with physical therapy.
- Evaluation and management of hand injuries and specialized hand rehabilitation program.
How does this department look to benefit our patients above and beyond expectations?
- The Orthopedics and Sports Medicine Department at AMNM benefits from a wide variety of services and technology present within our facility. With X-Ray machines on the same floor and a comfortable 1.5T MRI Machine, patients do not need to move around the building for imaging. Moreover, we provide safe surgical procedures including cutting edge arthroscopic surgery. In addition to this, the Orthopedics department works in close cohesion with a Physical Therapist, who utilizes a state-of-the-art in-facility gym to rehabilitate patients following an injury.
- The extremely well-trained staff we have within the department have a wealth of experience in managing Orthopedic conditions requiring rehabilitation. Equipped with a world-class rehabilitation gym, the department has all the tools to help patients succeed in their recovery efforts.