The Ophthalmology department at AMNM has state-of-the-art equipment as well as well-trained doctors, nurses in addition to advanced technology. This department reflects AMNM’s vision to become the most trusted healthcare provider in Qatar and beyond.
Ophthalmology Diagnoses and Treatment
What do the doctors/providers commonly treat?
The Ophthalmology department at AMNM is responsible for handling eye conditions such as Cataracts, Glaucoma, and Macular degeneration. We are committed to providing patients with:
- Medical management of Corneal disease & Ocular Surface disorders
- Diabetic retinopathy & other retinal diseases
- Medical management of Eyelid Diseases
- Medical management and Laser for Glaucoma
- Macular degeneration
What procedures do the providers commonly perform?
- Clinical examinations
- Prescription of drug treatments
- Anterior and Posterior Segment (Retinal) Laser Therapy
- Intra-ocular injections for the treatment of uveitis and retinal disorders for facial dystonia
- Cataract surgery
- Anterior segment post Cataract Laser.
- Glaucoma Laser
- Strabismus surgery (for )
- Minor common Lid Procedures
- Repair of Traumatic Lid injuries
- Assessment Of Lacrimal Drainage
- Examination under Anesthesia for Adults and Children (Coming Soon)
Advanced retinal imaging:
- Retinal Optical Coherence Tomography
- Glaucoma Optic Nerve Assessment (disc Optical Coherence Tomography)
- Anterior Segment Optical Coherence Tomography
- Corneal Imaging
- Dry Eye Assessment & Treatment
- Visual Field Assessment
- Ocular Ultrasound
- Auto Refraction
How does ophthalmology department look to benefit our patients above and beyond expectations?
Our Ophthalmology team was selected from among the best international applicants the world has to offer. At AMNM, we are committed to providing the best possible patient experience. Our Ophthalmology team is an embodiment of this sentiment, bringing together the latest machinery and high caliber providers to shape the department.