The Cardiology Department handles issues related to heart health. They diagnose, assess, and treat patients with diseases and defects of the heart and blood vessels. AMNM’s multi-disciplinary approach will ensure that the cardiologist works closely with all other departments to ensure overall wellbeing of the patient. In addition to specific heart-focused treatments, our cardiology department collaborates to provide a holistic lifestyle recommendation for patients, in alignment with services provided by our Clinical Dietician.
The Cardiology Department uses state-of-the-art equipment and the latest technology for all their diagnoses and treatments. This technology, in combination with the multidisciplinary approach employed at AMNM ensures that patients receive the highest quality medical care
Cardiology Diagnoses and Treatments
What do the providers commonly treat?
- Cardiovascular diseases: (Chronic stable angina, palpitations, Syncope).
- Congestive Heart Failure.
- Valvular Heart Diseases: (Mitral valve diseases, aortic valve diseases, pulmonary valve diseases, tricuspid valve diseases).
- Pericardial diseases.
- Brugada syndrome, Long QT syndrome.
What procedures do the providers commonly perform?
- Interpretation and reporting of EKG/Holter to include rhythm disorders
- Interpretation of X-rays
- Emergency needle Tracheostomy
- Treadmill exercise stress testing
- Perform/interpret transthoracic echocardiogram with doppler
- Elective cardioversion
- Exercise stress echocardiography